A baby play mat is a mandatory item to have for your child. It’s a comfortable surface with soft fabrics, pillows, and foam. This mat becomes a comfortable area for your baby to crawl, play, reaching out for toys, and practice rolling. .It helps the baby to develop muscles so that they can stand up and can crawl. There are different ranges of textures and fabrics which encourage actual interactions.
List of benefits of using a baby play mat-
1. Convenience – Quality Baby play mats are lightweight, portable, and are easy to fold. You can place it anywhere, whether you are going to a park or at your friend’s place to keep babies busy on their own.
2. Comfortable space – The mat is made up of soft texture, supportive pillows, and foam help to make your baby feel safe even when you are not around at the moment. It helps to practice your baby to roll over.
3. Cognitive development – These mats are designed for educational purposes and encourage the development of a child. Mostly mats come up with interactive features – fun tiles, removable puzzles, and different sounds. These playmats are well-designed to develop visual sensory and helps in eye-hand coordination and motor skills. The play mats have a range of vibrant floor tiles. These are made to encourage the baby’s logic, motor skills and reasoning, and intellectual development. It helps the baby to boost recognize numbers, letters, shapes, animals, colors. The 6×6 letter puzzle play mat has alphanumerical tiles, which help to encourage letter and number recognition.
4. Sensory stimulation – Playmats have bright colors and lots of textured surface to keep the baby engaged for hours of play and discovery. These features help the baby with necessary sensory experiences. The baby will enjoy touching different surfaces, puzzle pieces, and animals. Some baby mats have crinkly fabrics or music incorporated that makes noise when the baby comes in contact with it. The best baby play mats have contrasting colors to draw the baby’s attention. The bold patterns help stimulate visual development. The baby play mats with black and white combinations are the most popular one as the contrasting color combination attracts the baby’s attention. Bright colors also attract the baby’s attention. The baby mats help to sharpen baby’s auditory skills when they listen to the sound when they pull, rattle, and squeeze, kick their toys, attachments, and fabrics. The baby mats help sensory stimulation with textures that feel different and interesting to the little fingers.
5. Provides diversion in their daily routine – Your baby requires more time to be engaged and entertained to meet their needs. The baby mats are fun and exciting diversion to let your baby improve on development areas in their play times. It becomes an essential part of the daily routine of the baby. It also helps the parents to interact with their baby.
6. Motor skills – Grasping is an essential part of the development that a baby should have at the age of 3 to 5 months. The dangling toy helps your little ones to reach and grasp them.
7. Encourages movement and freedom – once you let your baby play on the play mat, you will notice that your little one is getting more active and sleeping less. The baby mat provides your baby a safe place to dart, kick, and roll around. These kinds of activities are equivalent to exercise for the baby. It gives the baby freedom to make their own choices and impart their energies. It helps your baby to grow secure and confident without the help of their mom and dad.
8. Muscle development – The tummy time helps your baby with shoulder, neck, and back- development. There is a need to develop these muscles before they start rolling, sit up, walk or crawl. The playmat helps to develop muscles in a comfortable and safe space where a baby can lie on their tummy and have different kinds of movement while interacting with the toys.
A baby play mat helps your baby to know the kind of surroundings. It will help them to engage with their toys, sounds, textures, lights, and many more. It’s a unique and fun way to entertain your baby and helps promote muscle and muscle-skill development.