When it comes to diapers, the odor is intolerable for most of us. Nothing in the room smells worse than the dirty diapers present inside the trash can. As far as we know, the normal trash cans do not have the tendency to prevent the odor from spreading to the environment. What if we say we have a very good solution for this problem? Whether you believe us or not, we do have an amazing solution for the stinky diapers present in your baby’s room. That solution is named as ‘the diaper pail’. Some of you might be hearing this name for the first time. Well, there is nothing to be embarrassed about it. There are many people out there who might not be aware of what the diaper pails are.
Imagine having something that will prevent the odor from spreading inside the room and keep the environment tidy. The diaper pails are no less than a boon for parents, especially for the ones who are having a baby for the first time. The diaper pails are one of the most amazing investments of modern times. If you want to have a good knowledge of the diaper pails then you are at the right place. Here, in our article, we will discuss ‘what are diaper pails?’ and the uses and benefits of the diaper pails. We would suggest our readers to read the below article mindfully.
Let us dive in!
What are Diaper pails?
The diaper pails are specifically designed tools to aid the parents to store their baby’s used diapers. Basically, the diaper pails are garbage cans. Imagine, your kid has pooped in the diapers and you have stored the dirty diapers inside the normal trash can. The chances are your room will end up smelling bad. In that case, you will hardly want something to stop the smell from spreading inside the room. At such times, the diaper pails come at play. The diaper pails come equipped with an extremely tight seal present on the lid. This seals helps contain the odor inside the diaper pail and prevent it from escaping the diaper pail.
What are the features of diaper pails?
The diaper pails are available in 2 basic types such as wet diaper pail and a dry diaper pail.
Wet diaper pail: The wet diaper pails are particularly used for the purpose of storing the diapers that are made up of cloths. Because, unlike cloth diapers, disposable diapers are not meant for washing. The wet diaper pails are used to wash the cloth diapers exclusively. Firstly, the wet diaper pail is filled with some amount of water and then the cloth diapers are put inside the wet diaper pail with the intention of soaking them. All these make the washing procedure of the cloth diapers easy. Some people can even add some natural cleansers to the wet diaper pail, such as white vinegar or the baking soda. The addition of the natural cleanser will prevent the cloth diapers from staining and stinking. If you most frequently like using the cloth diapers for your babies, then wet diaper pail is a big yes for you.
Dry diaper pail: The dry diaper pail can be used to store both the cloth as well as disposable diapers. Dry diaper pails are extremely light in weight, and hence they can be easily lifted by anyone. However, we would not suggest you to store the cloth diapers in the dry diaper pails because the cloth diaper may end up getting stained, therefore wet diaper pails are best when it comes to cloth diapers. The disposable diapers can be stored inside the dry diaper pail without any issues.
Dry/Wet diaper pail: Technically the dry/wet diaper pail is not a product that can be found in the stores, it is a method of using the diaper pail. Allow us to explain.
We are talking about a technique that helps the parents reduce the bad smell which gets released when the cloth diapers are put inside the dry diaper pails. All you have to do is rinse the baby’s cloth diapers first in the sink or toilet and after that, you can put it inside the dry diaper pail. The cloth diapers are going to sit inside the pail wet but there will be no standing water present.
The combination of dry diaper pail and the wet cloth diapers gives the name of ‘dry/wet diaper pail’ to the method. If you want to add any natural cleanser you are free to do that.
The diaper pails are usually made using 2 materials; metal or plastic. Both of these materials have their disadvantages and advantages.
Metal Diaper pails: The metal diaper pails are not made to absorb odors, but they prevent the odor from escaping outside the diaper pail. The metal diaper pails are extremely sturdy and hence durable. They are available in premium finishes. However, the metal diaper pails are a bit more towards the pricy end. The metal diaper pails are also not considered good for wet diapers.
Plastic Diaper pails: The plastic diaper pails are created so that they prevent the odor from escaping the pail and absorb the bad smell, which is amazing. When compared with the metal diaper pails, the plastic diaper pails are very cheap. However, the durability of the plastic diaper pails is a bit doubtful. They are not as durable as the metal diaper pails.
What are the benefits of Diaper pails?
- The diaper pails are available in various sizes from small to large. The small diaper pails can store only a few diapers which means you will have to empty the diaper pail again and again. On the other hand, the large diaper pails offer a sufficient amount of space for storing the numerous diapers. The large-sized diaper pails may seem like a better option but one should also not forget that the longer the diapers sit inside the diaper pail, the more they stink. Also, keep in mind that as soon as the child gets bigger, the size of the diaper he/she wears also increases. Therefore, always choose a slightly bigger diaper pail than required.
- Most of the diaper pails come equipped with foot pedals. The foot pedals are extremely important when it comes to diaper pails or any other trash cans. We are saying this because nobody likes opening the lid of the pail/can with one hand whilst carrying the dirty diapers on the other hand. The foot pedals allow the users to open the diaper pail easily with the help of the feet.
- The tight seal present on the diaper pail’s lid eliminates the problem of diaper odor. With the help of the diaper pail, the odor of the stinky diapers remains contained inside the diaper pail and the escape becomes difficult.
- The diaper pails which are used for the purpose of storing cloth diapers come along with cloth bag. The same cloth bag can be made to undergo the washing cycle along with the cloth diapers. The diaper liners prove to be very helpful for the users.
- Some diaper pails also have child safety lock in them which goes a long way in ensuring the safety of the children.The last thing that you would want to see is your baby playing inside the diaper pail. Therefore, the child safety lock is very important.
What are the uses of Diaper pails?
As we have mentioned above, the diaper pails are made specifically for the purpose of storing the dirty stinking diapers and wipes. Parents can store all types of diapers inside the diaper pails. The diaper pail’s main purpose is to prevent the bad smell/odor from escaping outside the pail. Because of the same reason, the room tends to remain fresh and hygienic. Nobody likes it when the smell of dirty diapers spread inside the entire room.
Some people even use the diaper pails for storing other garbage as soon as the baby grows up and stops wearing the diaper. If you buy a good quality diaper pail, it will go a long way. However, it is very important to choose the right diaper pail type. Wet diaper pails are perfect for cloth diapers while the dry diaper pails are best for disposable diapers. Choose the diaper pail accordingly.
The popularity of diaper pails is increasing day by day. The reason behind this could be because nowadays more people are aware of the diaper pails and who would not want to keep his/her room fresh and free from odors? We hope our article proves to be helpful for you. Investing in a good diaper pail is going to provide you benefits for the long term.